$25 MIC-B INJECTIONS
No appointment needed for injections. No waiting, in & out in about six minutes. Walk-ins welcome.
What is MIC?
Methionine, Inositol and Choline.
Methionine is an essential amino acid. This means your body needs it, but the body, itself, does not produce methionine. It must come from diet or some other outside source. Methionine helps the body process and eliminate fat and toxins, build strong and healthy tissues and promote cardiovascular health. Methionine is necessary for the formation of collagen used to form skin, nails and connective tissue. And it helps reduce the level of inflammatory histamines in the body. People with conditions such as arthritis and chronic allergies may benefit from methionine.
Inositol is a B vitamin and a primary component of cell membranes. Inositol does the following:
- Transports fats through the body
- Helps convert food into energy
- Helps neurons communicate better with the body’s nervous system
- Vital for hair growth
- Inositol combined with choline produces lecithin, aiding in the breakdown of fats such as cholesterol
Choline is similar to the B vitamins but not “officially” a B vitamin. Choline is often placed in the B vitamin category. It is an essential nutrient which is water soluble. Functions of choline in the body:
- Normal functioning of all of the body’s cells
- Brain and nerve function
- Liver metabolism
- Transportation of nutrients thoughout the body
- Has been linked to a decreased risk for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Decreases the risk for heart disease as it helps break down fat such as cholesterol
- Helps prevent accumulation of fat in the liver- often known as Fatty Liver Disease
What is the function of Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is a co-factor in the transfer of methyl groups in the body, important in the synthesis of DNA. B12 is also important for carbohydrate metabolism.* A symptom of B12 deficiency can be neurological problems because the nervous system uses carbohydrates as a main fuel source. In addition, B12 deficiency can result in Megaloblastic Anemia, a type of anemia in which the red blood cells grow without dividing, becoming enlarged.
What are symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
- Low energy
- Tingling sensation or numbness in hands or feet
- A swollen, red cracked tongue
- Mood changes
- Trouble concentrating and remembering things
- Megaloblastic anemia
CALL US IN SAN ANTONIO: (210) 541-5979.